Thursday, August 2, 2012

motive change

Today, I took my third terms test for the Milton class... I passed... hands down.


Now I have about 14 hours to write a 5 page paper on some one of the exams... and include every term in my essay. -________- and get additional outside sources. 


So I am going to do that and skip Logic class because I haven't read anything and I can't sit through a lecture feeling stupid. 

I prayed over my Logic class... 

I realized that I need to change... I need to find something in this class that is worth my time because getting good grades for my GPA to go up isn't a good enough reason for me to continue this fight. 

Neither is graduating.
Neither is avoiding College Algebra. 

Well then what would a good reason be? 

In my Milton class, we talked about John Milton's Paradise Regained. What I liked about it was that we were now talking about John Milton's work and not the boring... old... dead author... and talking about JESUS!? It's great! We talked about Jesus being tempted by Satan... telling him to turn the rock into bread and Jesus said there wasn't a good enough reason for him to do so. He said that making bread because someone is hungry would be a good reason. 

Today I drove around with one of my writing pals and I told her how I think Logic would help me... will help my faith... how it will benefit me because I would be adding an extra arsenal for identifying holes in peoples arguments on faith.

That is exactly what I am going to focus on. 

Logic is now 100% about Jesus. Not about me. Not about my selfish A. 

No comments:

Post a Comment