Monday, August 6, 2012

angry

Ephesians 4: 26 Be angry, and yet do not sin; do not let the sun go down on your anger, 27 and do not give the devil an opportunity.

I've been angry at my family this past week... my brother made a guest appearance when I was studying for my John Milton class.

My brother = bad news.

I made that assumption based on the past... like Dr. Jones said, "If the sun has always risen East," then my assumption was legitimately cogent.

This time, though, he somehow made contact with his sons mom and managed to bring my nephew over.... along with his mother, his brother, his brother... and well... his four brothers.

My mother... was so easily pleased.

But I was mad.

Because I've seen how my family has been there for them...
and I've seen their ungratefulness....
I have seen how they take advantage of my mom
and there is nothing that gets me angrier than that...

They don't see my mom's tears when they abduct my nephew.
They don't wake up to my mom's loud cries.
They don't walk in to her room and find her on her knees, praying.

Not my brother. Not my nephews mom.

So you know what, I am pissed because everyone has forgotten and everyone has forgiven but me. Seeing my nephew's scar on his head because his little brother threw a knife at him doesn't help.

James 1: 20 For human anger does not accomplish God’s righteousness.


Jesus, I am sorry. I need your help. I need your healing. I need your comfort, your peace. I need to trust that you have my family in your hands, God, and not in mine that are stained with blood. Teach me how to trust You.

No comments:

Post a Comment