The Art of Conversational Evangelism
1. Everyone is on a spiritual Journey.
2. Successful witnessing is taking the power of the Holy Spirit.
4 Roles of Journeying with others: Be a role player! We’re a team, guys; we each have a role! Know your role.
Unattractive evangelism: when each member is so eager to take over. Let one member take charge/lead.
Balance, don’t be a fly on the wall either.
Oh, be genuinely joyful, but don’t be a creep.
1. Explorer: The explorer asks questions, figures out where everyone’s at. Questions to ask are those like “Are you moving towards or away from God?”
2. Guide: Making sure the conversation is kept appropriate. Constantly praying.
3. Builder: Logic vs spiritual, be a good listener.
4. Mentor: Understands the basics of Christianity: How to pray, How to read Bible,
The art of this type of evangelism is finding where their story, your story and God’s story intersect! J
· Know your story: How did you hear about God? How has your life changed since? Know your spiritual journey. Be honest, there is absolutely no shame here: know that you are worthy to be a part of this team. Did you accept God yesterday? Today? Last year? When you were 10 years old? We are all useful. You’ve been personally handpicked by God to join this mission. Knowing your story is an essential part of evangelism because this is usually when the unbeliever identifies with your story, when he/she opens up.
· Know God’s story: The Gospel. God created man. Fall. Man’s constant failure. Jesus sent. Jesus persecuted. Jesus Resurrected! Only get to the father through the son.
· Get to know their story:
o Ask genuine questions
o Actually listen! Don’t argue. Don’t be offended.
· Know your team and their story: This is important because this is when we know who is going to take charge.
2nd Corinthians 4:1 God has been kind enough to trust us with this work. That’s why we never give up.
· God trusts us with Destino! With this mission! Lets look at how Jesus evangelized. How He, perfect and blameless, came to serve people that he knew were going to betray, deny him. Awesome LOVE.
· Organize Evangelizing time! 3 on 3 tourney, the star speaker Brent talked about on Monday. We got opportunities; don’t let them go to waste.
Colossians 4:2-6: Devote yourselves to prayer, being watchful and thankful. And pray for us, too, that God may open a door for our message, so that we may proclaim the mystery of Christ, for which I am in chains. Pray that I may proclaim it clearly, as I should. Be wise in the way you act toward outsiders; make the most of every opportunity. Let your conversation be always full of grace, seasoned with salt, so that you may know how to answer everyone.