Friday, August 10, 2012

Finger wave

I'm coming to you via my old Toshiba monster laptop with an attached monitor, keypad and mouse.
Dang. This thing is loud and a little slow.

Superficial. My dog is so content.
He adores anything I get for him.

From the red collar that has tripled it's orginal size since he's always scratching to the Purina snacks he loves.

Life lessons from a dog, eh?

As I walked to my sister's car she said, "ask him! maybe he saw something!"

"I'm gonna feel like an ass," I said, "he's homeless and I'm going to ask him if... no. He wasn't even there."

On Thursday at around 6:20 - 6:45 my black leather messenger bag my mom bought me was taken from my car at either Wal-Mart or Staples.

Inside this messenger bag was my 11 month old MacBook Pro, light up pens, highlighters, markers, but most importantly: my logic book, my weekend to-do list, study guides for all my exams... man, let's just say that anything I wrote down/was handed to this semester was in there.

Man.

I have an essay due at 12:45 and my venn diagrams were in there.

So many things I have to say.

It upsets me that just when I found my laptop useful, it gets taken. My sister, Glenda, and I have been watching Netflix on it for the past weeks...

If only I would have stopped my car and followed her home when we passed each other on Canton road.

If only...
If only...
If only...

I need to let this go.

Move on.

Sure, it happened six hours ago...

But it is finals week.

I want to thank my friend Jocelyn for studying with me.
For letting me use her book.
For making me laugh when she spilled coffee on herself when she was showing me how "Bear" drinks his coffee.

I want to thank my sister for making the police report with me.
For not being mad at me.
For texting me, "We can watch Netflix on my computer."

For the first time, in the midst of only thinking about my precious book and notes, I understood Truth Tables!

Today was a good day.

Because I learned.
I should probably go to bed now. I have an essay to write in the morning.

Goodnight beloved reader.

Matt 6:20 Store your treasures in heaven, where moths and rust cannot destroy, and thieves do not break in and steal.

No comments:

Post a Comment