Sunday, June 17, 2012

Dia De Los Padres

I worked Friday & Saturday of Father's Day weekend and man was it a different experience from Mother's Day weekend. It is almost as if there isn't any fathers in the valley.  

I am not an expert in any of these issues, but lacking a father figure is a factor in: gang violence, lack of education (school drop out), teen parenting and addiction. 

Dads around the valley should be appreciated for being examples. 

I am grateful for my dad. I think many situations about my upbringing are unclear but I thank God for allowing me to have an Earthly father. I can't imagine having anyone else as a dad. He allowed me to do things that i'm sure many others wouldn't have; he let me express myself to the extreme when I was in High School and Junior High. His friends and my cousins looked at him oddly when they saw me. 

Anyone who's known me long enough knows what I'm talking about. I'm not ashamed of any of it. I had major guts. I genuinely didn't care about anyone or anything. I miss that. In school, what made me happy was solitude. I've never had many close friends and that is why my family is such an important variable to my character. 

I've touched on some of the issues I have with my dad but its all b.s. because we all have faults and I've been a worst son than he's been a dad. 

We continued to work on the desk today. It just needs the shelves and another two layers of stain.... :D! 




Since pretty much this whole post is about Father's Day, I was wondering why Abraham was so "blessed" if he was a deadbeat.

Was it ok because God fathered poor little Ishmael? 

No comments:

Post a Comment