Wednesday, July 11, 2012

"common to mankind"


1 Corinthians 10:13

New International Version (NIV)
13 No temptation[a] has overtaken you except what is common to mankind. And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted[b] beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted,[c] he will also provide a way out so that you can endure it.


Isn't that crazy! Just yesterday I blogged about always thinking I'm dealing with things alone and being the only one in the entire universe who has no one to talk to... always saying, "this is a unique kind of loneliness..." haha, what was I thinking. 


I went to Logos Summer Bible Study today and we went over this verse. We talked about sexual sin mostly but my head was analyzing myself because I'm self-centered like that. Pastor Josh said, "you aren't special... you aren't the first to ever be tempted... Jesus was tempted!" Man... am I burned or what! 


Anyway... my head was all over the place today. 


I went to school. I got to class just on time and Logic seems really difficult - I'm going to have to study my butt off. We were let out early and I went to my John Milton classroom and logged onto the computer... just as I was about to see my grades my professor walks in and I shamelessly logged out and walked to my desk... He then told me to use the computer... :) he told me about 5 times until I listened and checked my grade for summer 1... A! 


I want to know how and why though... I just turned in my papers the last day and I want to know how I can improve or what this literary figure thinks about my Essay skills... or my reading analysis...  


My professor is so cool. He is extremely nice.... really tall and an obliviously awkward nerd. He's awesome. He said things that made everyone laugh and he didn't know why... he's just awesome. However, his lecturing skills are just.... he's very enthusiastic and what not but I think he forgets he's talking to English majors, primarily, and he overwhelms us with historic junk, which is important, I understand, but some of it is seems useless... but like I said, he talks about all this in a very natural way... I do not sense any arrogance from him (for a change!) I was kind  of scared and thought about dropping to take another self-paced class but I want to learn from different professors.


I picked up my sister and my nephews. I brought them over... I spelling quizzed my nephews and I feel bad. I really want to help them. They're my new summer project. They're going to be little geniuses. 



That's me and my friend Nataly. She can sing. She can write. She let's me sing really loud. She's awesome. 

No comments:

Post a Comment