Tuesday, January 29, 2013

A bunch of Crap!


Tuesday
11:37 PM

I went to Pan Am’s recreation center to play basketball at about 8:15 PM. I realized how out of shape I am. Well, not like I didn’t already know. I actually just tried to modify my diet this Saturday but today just confirmed everything. My health is one of the things I don’t really think too much about yet; it is logically stupid of me to think that way. I’ve been reading Notes from Underground by Fyodor Dostoevsky for my class in Dystopian Literature. I actually read it this past summer on my own but now I’m actually forced to do a more close reading of the text and I am also forced to listen to every idea my old ass professor has about the text. Anyway, my point about mentioning the book is that the Underground man or, the narrator, says that it is completely foolish for man to do anything that is harmful to him. He says that he knows this, and that it is wisdom he feels responsible to share or just do something about. He talks a lot about free will and the value of choice. The weight of responsibility that these choices have is overwhelming and that man, because of free will is going to rebel in one way or another. I caught the basketball behind the three point line. I put it on the floor and drove around with all my weight and spirit and jumped up to lay the basketball near the hoop. When I landed, my claves started to cramp up. Not only that, but my knee is jacked up. It’s been in pain for a month now. I had stopped playing ball, in hopes of it getting better. One month has passed and the pain remains. I am not going to go under any particular diet or exercise plan, out of spite. (Underground man reference) I am going to do my own thing and hopefully the pain on my knee goes away. It worked for Tim Duncan. Let’s see what happens.

On another note, I am taking four philosophy classes this semester. I am not a big fan of philosophy but it was the minor that I needed the least amount of classes for so I went for it. Well, three weeks in and I wish I would have chosen Border Studies or something else, but I will write more about that later. The damn library's computers are about to shut down. In a minute and some seconds. ahhhh, rebel.

11:43 PM

No comments:

Post a Comment