Wednesday, November 21, 2012

a blog about not blogging

I was reading an interview today. It made me stop and think. An answer said something about "being a writer before being a blogger." I guess it can mean several things.

I came on here (blogger) because I was serious about writing.

I wanted to publish my writing on here and that is it. Things changed. I was influenced. I've tried to blog but I don't even like reading people's blogs, so why write them? They're personal and are kind of invading. They're an extension of a Facebook status.

I don't want this to be that.
I don't want my site to be a "whoring" device for self-gain. I honestly don't. I am eager to find other writers. I want to give to the writing community as much as I want criticism.
I do not want to waste your time with my stupid published "to-do" lists. I'm no one important. Why do you care?
I do not want to tell people how to live their lives.
I do not want to tell people how many Jesus points I have tallied in the past month with my great and awesome deeds. I feel like I unintentionally did this several times and I am sorry. It is ugly even when I did it with honest intentions.

I do not want to be an overtly Christian blogger. If I stopped relating with non-Christians I am completely useless. We all are.

I will never shy away from sharing my faith. I will proudly talk about my God at all times. What I mean is: how do you think we sound when we go around telling people to read our "JESUS IS AWESOME, HE IS JUST SO MARVELOUS" blog posts? No one wants to read that. No one. I don't, and I feel exactly the way you do about God. How do you think someone who doesn't have the same beliefs think? We're supposed to put just the right amount of salt, Christian, not the whole fucking Island. Who are you writing to? Who is your audience? Is it God? Why must it be public then? Are you writing to one-up your little bible study friends? Or is it to impress your pastor?

This is my final "blog" post.
 
Everything I publish on here will be purely creative fiction.
 
I want to start finding other fiction writers and create a community.
 
This is going to be fun.
 
*I am not trying to stop you from blogging. I have to admit, some of you are pretty damn good at it. I am just making this decision for my site. I want you to be a badass and not care actually. Write what you want. Whatever makes you happy, I guess.*
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment