Monday, September 17, 2012

Reflection Mondays

Let's Be Happy.

We need to stop being such grumps and Sit-Reflect... and do nothing but thank God for what He's done.

Today, in Destino, we talked about what "foundations" we've been building our walks on. Spritual food, spiritual exercise etc. well, what I noticed on my way home while listening to the ever so happy "Sing Sing Sing... grateful that you hear us when we shout your name..." by Tomlin, that in contrast to the song, a lot of us lack joy when we talk about our walk.

None of us seemed happy.
We all talked about how ugly we've been.

I'm going to be honest, I really don't think that; sure there's room for improvement but through God, my life isn't a complete mess.

I thought about what God would think... Think about it... How would you feel if we constantly gave to someone and they remained in a bitter state of mind?

WAIT A MINUTE!

I would feel pretty shitty.

Let's open our eyes and see God's work.
Stop denying it.

I neglected to give praise to God today.

He has definitely been working in my life and I need to share that.

Even though I will always need help, there is hope in His Son and my life as of late has His finger prints marked all over it.
Let's be grateful.


Romans 8:24 For in this hope we were saved. Now hope that is seen is not hope. For who hopes for what he sees? 25 But if we hope for what we do not see, we wait for it with patience.

1 Corinthians 1.28-31 "What the world thinks is worthless, useless, and nothing at all is what God has used to destroy what the world considers important. God did all this to keep anyone from bragging to him... So if you want to brag, do what the scriptures say and brag about the Lord."

Psalm 37:4 Delight yourself in the Lord, and he will give you the desires of your heart. 5 Commit your way to the Lord; trust in him, and he will act. 6 He will bring forth your righteousness as the light, and your justice as the noonday.

Proverbs 10:28 The hope of the righteous brings joy, but the expectation of the wicked will perish.

Look at the full sermon of Hope from my church Logos.

1 comment:

  1. "Even though I will always need help, there is hope in His Son and my life as of late has His finger prints marked all over it."

    Made me smile. Thanks for the exhortation!

    ReplyDelete