Saturday, September 1, 2012

Cheesy Fries : Flash Fiction

"Bien huevon que eres," Apa said.

He promised I was going to learn the value of a dollar when he picked Ray, Joe and myself up from Super Splash last night.

I wiggled into the old high water jeans mom had placed on my bed and hissed at dads wallet when I passed the coffee table on my way to my toothbrush.

Stinkin' wallet, I thought, I should have taken every penny and lied after last night's interrogation. 

I had taken five dollars from Apa's wallet to get some cheesy fries for myself, Ray and Joe.

I slipped up my socks and heard him talking to Ama about the "pendejo" that I am... how my friends will always use me.

"Look who's talking," Ama said sarcastically, "don't your friends come and use las cages de las gallinas? Your poor gallos are tied up to a damn brick, Jorge."

Apa cleared his throat really loud and milliseconds later, CLANG, he marched up from the sofa, "You up, huevon?"

"I'm going."

"A la otra que me rayes la madre," Ama said angrily about dad's clearing throat habit, "aver quien te va hacer los blanquillos y el cafe!"

"Bye mami," I told her with a tearful voice.

"Bye, chinguilingo de mami. Te comes tus taquitos." She kissed me and then turned to Apa and said, "He better not be in the sun all day, Jorge!"



{SORRY FOR MY HORRIBLE SPANISH

No comments:

Post a Comment