Friday, December 30, 2011

Walking in December

I've been a little sidetracked from progressing as a writer for several reasons. One of them is work. I've been working at the mall for the holidays (hope that's over) which has been taking a lot of my time, and my head has been playing tricks on me. I was doing all right (or so I thought) for two years and just when I thought I had my emotions under control, I fell on my face. Its made me realize that my walk is one that will continue to mold into the one He has made for me.


I finished reading Matthew. It was one of the most powerful books in the bible I have read. The last lines of the gospel of Matthew were those of Jesus, after he resurrected, meets with his disciples on a mountain in Galilee and says, "Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all that I have commanded you. And behold, i am with you always, to the end of the age." I like how after several shirts I have of those verses didn't hinder the impact of the Holy Spirit. After reading about the obedience Jesus had for the Father, meant way more. I felt guilt. I felt like I've been spitting at Jesus. I've ignored everything he's called me to be to live for myself, to spend time with friends who I've tried to reach out to but gave up on them. If we were to meet right now, I'm sure it'll feel worse than that feeling during Christmas when someone hands you a gift and you are empty handed... Who am I to give up on anyone? It is Jesus who pierces through souls and brings to light, not me. So yeah, I've been feeling pretty shitty for that but it's all gravy.


I read Nahum. It was great because it tells you the physical presence God has on Earth and His children, "The Lord is slow to anger and great in power, and the Lord will by no means clear the guilty, His way is in whirlwind and storm, and the clouds are the dust of his feet."


It doesn't matter how I've messed up, or how many times. God's mercy is enough for you, me and everyone alive and dead. So tomorrow, I'm starting over and it's all righttt.

No comments:

Post a Comment